International Conversion

Here at Sydney Metro Driving School we specialise in converting overseas licences to a recoginised NSW Licence.

Take advantage of our special package of 3 hours of lessons and also the driving test included


Contact Us to make a booking

Please see information below for details on your particular country.

If you’re a resident of Australia rather than a visitor, you’re able to drive in NSW on an overseas licence for 3 months. Within these 3 months period however, you’ll need to visit a service center and transfer your overseas licence to a NSW driver licence. You may need to pass a knowledge or driving test, depending on where your overseas licence was issued.

Locate your local Service Centre here:

Non-recognised countries: If you hold a licence from any other country, you will need to pass knowledge and driving tests when applying for an equivalent NSW licence.

Recognised Country A: If you hold a licence from one of these countries, you do not have to pass knowledge and driving tests when applying for a NSW car (class C) or rider (class R) licence:

  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
  • Canada
  • Croatia
  • Denmark
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Greece
  • Guernsey
  • Ireland
  • Isle of Man (licences issued since 1 April 1991)
  • Italy
  • Japan
  • Jersey
  • Luxembourg
  • Malta (licences issued or renewed since 2 January 2004)
  • Netherlands
  • New Zealand, (except for paper licences)
  • Norway
  • Portugal
  • Singapore
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • United Kingdom
  • United States of America